New Workplace Recycling Legislation – Wales
From 6 April 2024, it will become law for all businesses, charities and public sector organisations in Wales to sort and separate their waste for recycling.
It also applies to all waste and recycling collectors and processors who manage household-like waste from workplaces.
The Welsh Government is introducing this law to improve the quality and quantity of how waste is collected and separated.
The legislation covers the following materials, these will need to be separated for collection, and collected separately:
- Paper and card
- Metal, plastic and cartons
- Unsold textiles
- Unsold small waste electrical and electronic equipment (sWEEE)
There will also be a ban on:
- Sending food waste to sewer (any amount)
- Separately collected waste going to incineration and landfill
- All wood waste going to landfill
Click on the link below for more information.
Link to Workplace Recycling - Wales