All companies want to pride themselves on their environmental management, but few measure themselves objectively and even fewer carry out independent reviews of their environmental management. The BOSS Seal of Excellence Environmental Audit is a quick, easy and [for Platinum members] free, review of your current processes, that gives you a clear work-to list of actions to improve, where gaps have been identified.
The BOSS Adviser will take you through a series of specific detailed questions about current practice on topics such as: Internal Communications, Training, Emissions to Air, Discharges to Water, Waste, Producer Responsibility, Resource Efficiency, etc. The questions are based on the legal requirements and best practice for the printing industry.
The Audit is delivered in half a day starting with a site tour of the premises to assess the layout of the organisation and familiarise themselves, with the organisation’s processes. After this a review of specific documentation will take place. A detailed report will be sent to you highlighting any issues that have been identified and need addressing. It will also provide you with information on how to tackle these non conformities.
- In-depth review of relevant legislation compliance
- Identification of shortfalls against recognised good practices within the industry
- Clear report advising of corrective actions
- Guidance documents and forms, free to Platinum members
- Focused on print specific environmental problems
- Promotes best practice in environmental management
- Identifies opportunities for specific improvements
- Assists with tender documentation
- Passing all mandatory fields gains a BPIF Environmental Seal of Excellence certificate and contributes towards BPIF Seal of Business Excellence
- Helps prevent environmental incidents
- Demonstrates the organisation is managing environmental issues