23 November 2021
BOSS/GfK Panelmarket - Summary for October 2021
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two Retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channels encompass around 90% of the Panelmarket total. GfK estimate that the overall total for the 36 selected products, as reported in the Panelmarket, covers around 75% of the estimated UK market total for the 36 selected products.
Latest available data is up to (and including) October 2021.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in October 2021 were just under £170 million - 3.7% down in comparison to October 2020, but a 17.6% improvement when compared to September 2021. So whilst October picked-up, it remains below historical comparisons for the month.
- Looking at this year so far - strong sales in January were followed by sales in February and March that were weaker in comparison to recent years. Sales in April, May and June were all stronger than last year but worse in comparison with previous years, whilst sales in July fell short of the equivalent data for each of the last three years. The decline through to September was a set-back, but at least October has turned a corner and recorded growth once again.
- Average piece price was £2.29 - the same as in October 2020.
- Sales in the 12 months ending October 2021 were just under £1.8 billion - 0.4% up on the 12 months to October 2020.
- Average piece price was £2.07 - 1.3% down in comparison to the 12 months to October 2020.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click here to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report or a new excel file depicting the latest sales charts for the consumer, retail and systemhouse channels.
Source: BOSS/GfK Panelmarket, www.bossfederation.comDownloads