05 November 2021
BOSS/GfK Panelmarket - Summary for September 2021
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two Retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channels encompass around 90% of the Panelmarket total. GfK estimate that the overall total for the 36 selected products, as reported in the Panelmarket, covers around 75% of the estimated UK market total for the 36 selected products.
Latest available data is up to (and including) September 2021.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in September 2021 were just over £144 million - 4.2% down in comparison to September 2020. It turned out to be a poor September, even worse than last year.
- Looking at this year so far - strong sales in January were followed by sales in February and March that were weaker in comparison to recent years. Sales in April, May and June were all stronger than last year but worse in comparison with previous years, whilst sales in July fell short of the equivalent data for each of the last three years. The decline through to September will hit confidence but the industry will be striving for stronger growth to come through in October.
- Average piece price was £1.92 - 16.6% up in comparison to September 2020.
- Sales in the 12 months ending September 2021 were just under £1.8 billion - 0.3% up on the 12 months to September 2020.
- Average piece price was £2.07 - 1.6% down in comparison to the 12 months to September 2020.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click here to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report or a new excel file depicting the latest sales charts for the consumer, retail and systemhouse channels.
Source: BOSS/GfK Panelmarket, www.bossfederation.comDownloads