19 July 2021
BOSS/GfK Panelmarket - Summary for June 2021
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two Retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channels encompass around 90% of the Panelmarket total. GfK estimate that the overall total for the 36 selected products, as reported in the Panelmarket, covers around 75% of the estimated UK market total for the 36 selected products.
Latest available data is up to (and including) June 2021.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in June 2021 were just over £125 million - 5.1% up in comparison to June 2020 but significantly lower than the sales total for May 2021. However, the June decline is a 'normal' sales trend. Looking at this year so far - stronger sales in January were followed by sales in February and March that were weaker in comparison to recent years. Sales in April, May and June were all stronger than last year but worse in comparison with previous years.
- Average piece price was £2.39 - 1.9% up in comparison to June 2020.
- Sales in the 12 months ending June 2021 were just over £1.8 billion - 1.9% down on the 12 months to June 2020.
- Average piece price was £2.09 - unchanged from the 12 months to June 2020.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click here to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report or a new excel file depicting the latest sales charts for the consumer, retail and systemhouse channels.
Source: BOSS/GfK Panelmarket, www.bossfederation.comDownloads