26 April 2021
BOSS/GfK Panelmarket - Summary for March 2021
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two Retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channels encompass around 90% of the Panelmarket total. GfK estimate that the overall total for the 36 selected products, as reported in the Panelmarket, covers around 75% of the estimated UK market total for the 36 selected products.
Latest available data is up to (and including) March 2021.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in March 2021 were just over £134 million - that's 15.3% down on March 2020. Stronger sales in January have been followed by sales in February and March that have turned out to be weaker in comparison to recent years.
- Average piece price was £2.36 - 0.2% down on March 2020.
- Sales in the 12 months ending March 2021 were just under £1.8 billion - 8.6% down on the 12 months to March 2020.
- Average piece price was £2.09 - 0.1% up on the 12 months to March 2020.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click here to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report or a new excel file depicting the latest sales charts for the consumer, retail and systemhouse channels.
Source: BOSS/GfK Panelmarket, www.bossfederation.comDownloads