27 January 2021
BOSS/GfK Panelmarket – Summary for December 2020
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two Retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channels encompass around 90% of the Panelmarket total. GfK estimate that the overall total for the 36 selected products, as reported in the Panelmarket, covers around 75% of the estimated UK market total for the 36 selected products.
Latest available data is up to (and including) December 2020.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in December 2020 were approx. £169 million - that's 13.6% up on December 2019. This is the only instance in the last two years where monthly sales have surpassed the previous year's equivalent; though may reflect a some amount of Brexit-related stockpiling following a period of Covid-19 influenced slowdown.
- Average piece price was £2.00 - 0.4% up on December 2019.
- Sales in the 12 months ending December 2020 were just under £1.8 billion - 9.1% down on the 12 months to December 2019.
- Average piece price was £2.08 - 0.7% down on the 12 months to December 2019.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click here to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report or a new excel file depicting the latest sales charts for the consumer, retail and systemhouse channels.
Source: BOSS/GfK Panelmarket, www.bossfederation.com