19 June 2020
GfK track and audit 36 product categories in the Office & Stationery sector and produces time comparable data for Sales Value, Sales Units/Packs and Sales Pieces - as well as calculating an average pack price and sales price.
Data is now split across two retail channels and one B2B channel (Systemhouses) - these combine to provide the overall Panelmarket total, the Retail channel encompasses around 90% of the overall total. GfK estimate that overall coverage of their data is around 75% of the entire UK sector for the specified product categories.
Latest available data is up to (and including) May 2020.
Total Data (Panelmarket)
- Sales in May 2020 were approx. £141.4 million - that's 22.6% down on May 2019.
- Average piece price was £2.37 - 4.5% up on May 2019.
- Sales in the 12 months ending May 2020 were just under £1.9 billion - 8.9% down on the 12 months to May 2019.
- Average piece price was £2.09 - 1.9% down on the 12 months to May 2019.
- Quarterly and year-to-date comparisons are also available.
Click below to download the full BOSS/GfK Panelmarket report.