18 May 2020
BOSS – Is your business COVID-Secure?
There has been a wealth of information published by Government last week, please find below a summary of our updated guidance across H&S, HR & Legal. All documents can be downloaded at www.bossfederation.com/coronavirus
'Being COVID-Secure' – BOSS guide on what this means...
Government published practical steps to implement (Tuesday):
- Work from home where possible
- Perform COVID-19 risk assessments & publish online
- Maintain two metres' social distancing, wherever possible
- Where social distancing is not possible, manage transmission risk with barriers, change in shift patterns, minimise numbers of people working together etc.
- Improving cleaning measures
- Research shows 4/10 people are anxious about return- early dialogue between employers & employees is critical in understanding concerns & accommodating flexibility for both.
Government & Health authorities have stated spot-checks will be carried out to ensure compliance with COVID-Secure.
- 'COVID- Secure' planning and guidance, health-checks, employee surveys, site operation procedures and risk assements to be uploaded shortly.
HR & Legal
- Updated CJRS information
- Alternatives to redundancy
- Redundancy checklist