The unit of sale initiative has helped reduce anomalies and discrepancies on units of measure in the different tiers of the industry supply chain.
Endorsed by major wholesalers, leading manufacturers and dealer groups, the initiative has removed cost from the industry by reducing unnecessary order duplication, product returns and pricing errors, by ensuring that unit of measure data is agreed and synchronised between trading partners in the supply chain.
To maintain the one-off cleaning and reconciliation benefit, an update process via the standardisation sub-committee ensures that new products are not interpreted differently by different companies when they are launched.
- Industry Standard Product Classification (ISPC) The Industry Standard Product Classification has created a common language for classifying office products.
- Sequence for Product Descriptions The enclosed document defines the sequence and format for product title descriptions. In the past, BOSS have restricted descriptions to 40 characters as this was the limit on many Systems.
- Standard Abbreviations & the Short Description Standard With increased use of electronic information exchange, consistent, agreed, standard abbreviations are needed to assist searching and data synchronisation.
- Product Setup Form This form is designed to assist manufacturers and suppliers to make their product details available to their customers.
- opXML Best Practice Guide This document is a guide to the use of opXML, a set of standard XML messages developed for the office products industry by a team of experts representing all parties within the industry supply chain.
- EC Commodity Codes Commodity codes classify goods for import and export so you can fill in declarations and other paperwork, check if there's duty or VAT to pay and find out about duty reliefs.
- Stock Feed Format An Industry Standard to delivery stock availability data.