The Writing Instruments Association (WIA) is the trade association for the UK Writing Instruments Industry.
From promoting the Writing Instruments Industry to government, public bodies and wider society, to providing a forum for exchanging ideas and information, the WIA helps its members to achieve a bright future together.
As part of the British Office Supplies & Services Federation (BOSS), WIA also operates a specialist Technical Committee that examines issues directly affecting the manufacture and distribution of Writing Instruments throughout the UK.
The object and purpose of the association is to:
- foster and promote the interests of the Writing Instruments Industry,
- increase the use of its products,
- collect and disseminate pertinent information relating to the industry,
- represent the industry's view to government and public bodies,
- promote good public relations,
- do all things necessary and proper for the development of the industry.
The WIA adopts codes of practise to ensure the highest standards of conduct within the industry, including ensuring the safety of writing instruments. It also publishes a bi-annual handbook, exclusive to members, containing standards, legal and safety requirements for manufacturers and importers of writing instruments.
WIA membership is open to all UK Manufacturers of Writing Instruments such as pens, ballpoints, pencils, makers and mechanical pencils; those companies that assemble writing instruments in the UK for sale in the UK; and distributors of writing instruments, excluding retailers and wholesalers.
- Leaders of the Future This group represents the voice, vision and values of the next generation of industry leaders and is actively helping to shape the future of our training and social activities.
- Single Use Plastics Forum This group aims to define what the industry considers single use plastic packaging to be, in transit packaging and for products.
- Synergy Data Group This group is working to improve the way the members of the industry do business with both each other and with the end user by actively promoting and developing data standards and product group classifications.
- Manufacturers Forum An established group of manufacturers who meet regularly to discuss collaboration on issues, the market conditions and the state of trade from a manufacturing perspective.
- Resellers Forums There are two groups of resellers (North and South) who meet regularly to discuss industry issues, opportunities and the state of trade for their sector.
- Rubber Stamp Manufacturers Guild As the trade association for the rubber stamp and associated marking devices industry, RSMG is the place to network and exchange ideas with others in the industry.
With members' best interests at heart, we are championing a bright future for our changing industry.Our membership connects people and gives access to a network of leading ideas, insight and business support.
01924 203 338