The Writing Instruments Association (WIA), which will be referred to more commonly as the Write4Life Group, is the trade association for the UK Writing Instruments Industry.
From promoting the Writing Instruments Industry to government, public bodies and wider society, to providing a forum for exchanging ideas and information, the WIA helps its members to achieve a bright future together.
As part of the British Office Supplies & Services Federation (BOSS), WIA also operates a specialist Technical Committee that examines issues directly affecting the manufacture and distribution of Writing Instruments throughout the UK.
The objects and purpose of the Association shall be to foster and promote the interest of the writing instruments industry, to increase the use of its products, to collect and disseminate pertinent information relating to the industry, to present the industry’s views to government and public bodies, to promote good relations and generally to do all things necessary and proper for the development of the industry.
This purpose also includes the promotion and information provision to the education industry, those individuals in education and those who are financing others to be in education of the benefits of handwriting to learning and the retention of knowledge. To encourage the development of creative and leisure aspects of using writing instruments and associated products.
Maintain a watching brief over the legislation and regulations relating to writing instruments. Liaise with the synergy group in BOSS and EWIMA for any issues arising.
Membership of the Association is open to:-
All UK vendors whose main product is writing instruments (including but not limited to pens, ballpens, pencils, markers and mechanical pencils, and craft materials like pastels and poster markers).
Those companies who assemble writing instruments in the UK for sale in the UK.
Specialist trade bodies including special interest groups whose interest is in the promotion of the use of writing instruments.
Chairman: Graham Craik from Pentel
Vice Chairman: Philip Wesolowski from Staedtler
Email the group at write4lifeUK@gmail.com
- Leaders of the Future This group represents the voice, vision and values of the next generation of industry leaders and is actively helping to shape the future of our training and social activities.
- BOSS Environmental Forum This group aims to define what the industry considers single use plastic packaging to be, in transit packaging and for products.
- Synergy Data Group This group is working to improve the way the members of the industry do business with both each other and with the end user by actively promoting and developing data standards and product group classifications.
- Manufacturers Forum An established group of manufacturers who meet regularly to discuss collaboration on issues, the market conditions and the state of trade from a manufacturing perspective.
- Resellers Forum There are two groups of resellers (North and South) who meet regularly to discuss industry issues, opportunities and the state of trade for their sector.
- Rubber Stamp Manufacturers Guild As the trade association for the rubber stamp and associated marking devices industry, RSMG is the place to network and exchange ideas with others in the industry.
With members' best interests at heart, we are championing a bright future for our changing industry.Our membership connects people and gives access to a network of leading ideas, insight and business support.