06 February 2020
New award category announced for the 2020 Stationers’ Company Innovation Excellence Awards
The Stationer's Company has introduced a new category for start-ups in this year's Innovation Excellence Awards that celebrate the important role that the communications and content industries play in the UK economy.
The new category is in addition to the existing six categories of Business Process, Communications (including Marketing), Customer Experience, Product Design, Product Performance, and Service Development. All category winners are automatically entered for the overall Innovator of the Year Award.
Jill Jones, Chair of the Stationers' Company Innovation Excellence Awards, says: "We've introduced the new category to help start-ups raise their profiles. Across all categories, our expert team of judges will be looking for examples of novel ideas or solutions to existing challenges, which have or will deliver worthwhile benefits. We had a terrific bunch of entries last year and look forward to seeing this year's entries."
The application process has also been streamlined this year with an online application form at https://stationers.org/siea-entry. The awards are free to enter and online applications close at 7 pm on Thursday 9th April 2020.
Entries are invited from commercial companies, start-ups, charities, trade associations, educational institutions, and public bodies such as museums, libraries, galleries, and archives in the following sectors:
- Publishing, including book, magazine, and digital
- Printing machinery and printing techniques
- Printing supplies including inks and coatings
- Office supplies and office products
- Software, applications, and games
- Novel methods of communication, marketing, and advertising, including within the broadcast, print media, and digital sector
- Products or services that streamline doing business in the communications and content sectors
An awards event, luncheon, and exhibition of selected entries will be held at Stationers' Hall, London, on 30 June 2020 when the winners will be announced.