This form is designed to assist manufacturers and suppliers to make their product details available to their customers. It covers all marketing, logistical and dimensional requirements as well as statutory and environmental data. Very few products will require all the fields to be populated. Those which are mandatory are clearly marked as such.
The file contains 3 tabs:
- Data Form Vertical - This is designed to be completed manually, many of the cells have character number limits or have selectable values from a drop down list, ie: "Country of Origin". The notes column lists additional guidance and in the case of the EC Commodity Code contains a hyperlink to download the file from the BOSS website.
- Data Form Horizontal - This is designed for semi automatic data population when larger numbers of products are being posted, possibly using the Vlookup function. The character limits and drop downs are still present but none of the cells are locked so these can be deleted if necessary.
- Input value lists - No action is required
It is very important that the Field ID is not altered as receivers of data will use this to load the information into their systems.
Uniform can be downloaded here.
- Industry Standard Product Classification (ISPC) The Industry Standard Product Classification has created a common language for classifying office products.
- Sequence for Product Descriptions The enclosed document defines the sequence and format for product title descriptions. In the past, BOSS have restricted descriptions to 40 characters as this was the limit on many Systems.
- Standard Abbreviations & the Short Description Standard With increased use of electronic information exchange, consistent, agreed, standard abbreviations are needed to assist searching and data synchronisation.
- Unit of Sale The unit of sale initiative has helped reduce anomalies and discrepancies on units of measure in the different tiers of the industry supply chain.
- Product Type Specific Attributes The BOSS Product Type Standard Attribute File has been developed for this reason by Evolution Software under the direction of the BOSS Standards and Technical Committee.
- opXML Best Practice Guide This document is a guide to the use of opXML, a set of standard XML messages developed for the office products industry by a team of experts representing all parties within the industry supply chain.
- EC Commodity Codes Commodity codes classify goods for import and export so you can fill in declarations and other paperwork, check if there's duty or VAT to pay and find out about duty reliefs.
- Stock Feed Format An Industry Standard to delivery stock availability data.