This document is a guide to the use of opXML, a set of standard XML messages developed for the office products industry by a team of experts representing all parties within the industry supply chain. It is intended for use by technical staff responsible for implementing XML solutions for the office products industry.
- Industry Standard Product Classification (ISPC) The Industry Standard Product Classification has created a common language for classifying office products.
- Sequence for Product Descriptions The enclosed document defines the sequence and format for product title descriptions. In the past, BOSS have restricted descriptions to 40 characters as this was the limit on many Systems.
- Standard Abbreviations & the Short Description Standard With increased use of electronic information exchange, consistent, agreed, standard abbreviations are needed to assist searching and data synchronisation.
- Unit of Sale The unit of sale initiative has helped reduce anomalies and discrepancies on units of measure in the different tiers of the industry supply chain.
- Product Type Specific Attributes The BOSS Product Type Standard Attribute File has been developed for this reason by Evolution Software under the direction of the BOSS Standards and Technical Committee.
- Product Setup Form This form is designed to assist manufacturers and suppliers to make their product details available to their customers.
- EC Commodity Codes Commodity codes classify goods for import and export so you can fill in declarations and other paperwork, check if there's duty or VAT to pay and find out about duty reliefs.
- Stock Feed Format An Industry Standard to delivery stock availability data.
With members' best interests at heart, we are championing a bright future for our changing industry.Our membership connects people and gives access to a network of leading ideas, insight and business support.