The NetRegs website aims to help small and medium-sized companies in the UK understand the complex environmental regulations that can affect them. It is free to use, is regularly updated provides guidance on how to comply with environmental law as well as advice on good environmental practice. For more information please see www.environment-agency.gov.uk/netregs
- BOSS Seal of Excellence The BOSS Environmental Seal of Excellence Award is a great way for individuals, departments and businesses to demonstrate their expertise both internally and to the Industry.
- Packaging Waste All businesses in the UK having a turnover of more than £2 million and handling more than 50 tonnes packaging per year must comply with the regulations or face being liable for prosecution by the Environment Agency.
- WEEE and RoHS Directive Information about the Waste Electronic & Electric Equipment and The Restriction of Hazardous Substance.
- REACH Directive The REACH proposal is extensive and detailed and runs to in excess of 1000 pages. However there are some core issues that the CBI has been focussing its activities on and which BOSS will be monitoring on behalf of the office products industry.
- Environmental Description and Product Information Eco-labelling schemes are administered by a variety of bodies such as the public sector, private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and offer valuable third-party branded endorsement.
- SOFEA The Sustainable Office European Association (SOFEA) is a new international not-for-profit association registered in Belgium.