The BOSS Environmental Seal of Excellence Award is a great way for individuals, departments and businesses to demonstrate their expertise both internally and to the Industry. Often the SOE award is just one stage in a programme of continued improvement.
To achieve the Seal of Excellence Award for Environment, a minimum score of 80% must be scored and all mandatory areas must be passed. Members will be asked to have information prepared ready for the visit for verification purposes. Feedback will be given on the day and the company representative and the BOSS Adviser will agree the company position, and any improvement work that is needed. The Environment Seal of Excellence audit will be carried out every two years and the company score must be maintained or improved during this period.
Where a company achieves over 80% and passes all mandatory fields in three or more audits in any two year period, then the company will be eligible for the ultimate accolade, the BOSS Seal of Business Excellence.
There will be no cost to Platinum members.
- Packaging Waste All businesses in the UK having a turnover of more than £2 million and handling more than 50 tonnes packaging per year must comply with the regulations or face being liable for prosecution by the Environment Agency.
- WEEE and RoHS Directive Information about the Waste Electronic & Electric Equipment and The Restriction of Hazardous Substance.
- REACH Directive The REACH proposal is extensive and detailed and runs to in excess of 1000 pages. However there are some core issues that the CBI has been focussing its activities on and which BOSS will be monitoring on behalf of the office products industry.
- NetRegs The NetRegs website aims to help small and medium-sized companies in the UK understand the complex environmental regulations that can affect them.
- Environmental Description and Product Information Eco-labelling schemes are administered by a variety of bodies such as the public sector, private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and offer valuable third-party branded endorsement.
- SOFEA The Sustainable Office European Association (SOFEA) is a new international not-for-profit association registered in Belgium.