BREXIT RESILIENCE FUND
The Welsh Government has launched a £1m Brexit Resilience Fund, available to Welsh businesses, to help them adapt to the changes in a post-Brexit Welsh economy. Administered by Business Wales, businesses can apply for funding of between £10,000 and £100,000, up to 50% of project costs.
The Brexit Resilience Fund aims to:
- Develop capacity
- Improve processes
- Retain competitiveness
- Safeguard jobs
- Guarantee the trade flows between Wales and the rest of the world
You must be based in Wales and have been trading for a year or more. You'll need to register with Business Wales and complete their Brexit Toolkit.
Scottish Government Brexit Support Grant
The Support Grant provides £2000-4000 to SMEs in Scotland to manage the impacts of Brexit on businesses. It can be used for:
- Brexit impact scenario planning
- Legal and contractual issues
- Modelling cash flow
- Modelling impact of changing customs/tariffs/VAT
- Exploring supply chain issues and opportunities
- Reviewing and optimising transport or logistics arrangements
- Costs incurred in acquiring AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status
- Human resource issues
- Cost of (up to two employees) attending training courses relating to any of the above topics if your company is also undertaking complementary activity
- Air travel from Scotland to international markets to react to supplier and/or customer issuesdirectly relating to Brexit
- Air travel within the UK if the company is in a remote location (e.g. the outlying Scottish islands) and/or if travel to the location of the eligible activity necessitates travel via a UK travel hub
- Online Resources Everyone's talking about Brexit. We've pulled together some of the more interesting publications out there.
- Managing currency risk With a weaker currency making imports more expensive, you've voiced concerns about rising costs - so we've put together some tips to consider.
- Importing and Exporting All the latest information on tariffs and non-tariff barriers - if you import or export you'll find helpful resources here.
- Running your Business Your customers may be checking their supply chains and some of you report back that you're also putting in the ground work to ensure continuity of service.
- Employment Do you have staff from the EU? Here's what you - and they - need to know.
- No Deal Scenario Leaving the EU without a deal is unlikely, but - just in case - here's what will happen.
- Brexit Bulletins Catch up with all our Brexit Bulletins so far.