The purpose of the BOSS Scholarships is to support and encourage the next generation of talent within the Office and Business Supplies Industry, to help them achieve their career goals.
Successful applicants will be awarded a bursary of up to £500 to be used to pay for job related training which will help enhance their career.
To be eligible to apply for this bursary you must be:
- Under the age of 35
- Currently employed in the office and business supplies industry
- Be able to demonstrate passion and drive to succeed in your career within the industry
- Keen to undertake new skills training which you believe will enhance your career prospects within the industry
- Complete the scholarship application and submit it along with a letter of support from your employer.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in front of a panel of judges.
- Applications open on XX of XX 2017 and close on XX of XX 2017. Winners will be announced by XX of XX 2017
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants for The BOSS Scholarships agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
- No other alternatives to the scholarship will be offered and the scholarship is not transferable
- The promoter of the scholarships is BOSS. There are four scholarships available, the BOSS Business Supplies Charity Scholarship, the Duncan Savage Memorial Scholarship, the Writing Instruments Association Scholarship and the BOSS Young Professional Scholarship
- All applications must be completed and received in full by (Deadline date). No consideration will be given to applications which do not meet all the conditions set out herein, which are incomplete or invalid, or which are received after the deadline. BOSS accepts no responsibility for applications that are lost, corrupted, damaged or delayed in transit.
- All applications must be received via the online application form at (URL) and only one application per person is permitted.
- In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship winners agree to take part in any promotional activity to publicise the scholarship, as required by BOSS.
- Winners will be notified by (DATE)
- Scholarship money will be spent on training or skills development for the applicant on an approved course by a recognised training provider (Any College or Institute of Further or Higher Education, Professional training provided by a Professional Institute or Association, Local or Regional Chambers of Commerce or any BOSS training)
- Amounts awarded will vary and will be at the discretion of the panel of judges.
- Where the cost of the training exceeds the value of the scholarship awarded, applicants will be expected to make up the difference.
- If not all scholarship monies are allocated in any year, the remaining scholarship money will be rolled over to the following year.
- The Scholarship finalists will be judged on a discretionary basis by the panel of judges, based on the merit of each application. The judges' decision is final.
- Scholarship winners will be required to keep BOSS updated on their progress twice a year and report back on how the scholarship has made a difference.
We will shortlist eligible applications against the following criteria, based on the information provided in your application form.
How the training will remove barriers
We will be assessing the level of impact the money will have in terms of removing barriers and creating enhanced career opportunities for the recipient, which might not otherwise have been available.
Demonstrable promise and ambition
We will also be taking in to consideration the applicant's drive and ambition to achieve a successful career within the industry.
Impact on business
As a secondary consideration, we would like to see how the training received could have an effect on the applicant's role within the business by bringing new skills or knowledge, which can be applied in the workplace.
For further information please contact Liz Whyte on 01924 203338 or email [email protected]
- About Us We exist to help those in our industry who are in need due to ill health, disability or other circumstances. As a registered charity, we provide finanical assistance for the needs of people who work, or used to work, in the stationery and business supplies industry.
- Beneficiaries See examples of the people we have helped.
- GDPR We have a legitimate interest in holding certain information, but it is kept confidential and secure. We take protection of the information we hold about our beneficiaries, very seriously. We would never sell this information to third parties, or reveal it to outside bodies of any description.
- Support Us The help we give to people in our industry would not be possible without your support, and there are now more ways than ever to help us raise those vital funds.
- BenGolf, BenSpa & BenSports Help us raise funds for the BOSS Business Supplies Charity by simply having fun!
- Trustees The Trustees of the BOSS Business Supplies Charity are all volunteers. Find more about our Trustees here.
- Downloads Download and print our leaflets, staff room posters, induction and exit pack leaflet for employees.
- Contact Us We're here to help.