We exist to help those in our industry who are in need due to ill health, disability or other circumstances. As a registered charity, we provide finanical assistance for the needs of people who work, or used to work, in the stationery and business supplies industry.
Thanks to our annual fundraising events and generously-donated finances, we can assist those in need with anything from new windows to buying mobility items.
Thanks to donations and the work of the Trustees, the regional BOSS Committees and The Society of Old Friends, we help between 70 and 100 families each year, either through regular quarterly or one-off grants.
Who does The BOSS Business Supplies Charity help?
Anyone who has ever worked in our industry in whatever capacity, as well as their dependents. Those who have worked for manufacturers, retailers, dealers, wholesalers or service providers are all eligible to apply for assistance.
How to apply for assistance
If you have a proven industry connection and any of the following apply to you, you may be eligible for assistance from the charity:
- Cannot work due to disability/ill health
- Struggle to keep up with utility bills
- Seek assistance with care fees
- Struggle to provide for your family
- Seek help to acquire equipment
- Suffer from loneliness due to disability/ill health
- Seek advice on State Benefits
If you apply for help from the BOSS Business Supplies Charity, we will call you for an initial telephone consultation, and if your circumstances seem to fit the help we can give, you will be visited at home by a member of the Fund, who will collect the necessary information to assess your situation further. The Trustees will then make a decision on whether and how you can be helped.
BOSS Business Supplies Charity - Registered Charity No: 279029
- GDPR We have a legitimate interest in holding certain information, but it is kept confidential and secure. We take protection of the information we hold about our beneficiaries, very seriously. We would never sell this information to third parties, or reveal it to outside bodies of any description.
- Beneficiaries See examples of the people we have helped.
- Downloads Download and print our leaflets, staff room posters, induction and exit pack leaflet for employees.
- Scholarships The purpose of the BOSS Scholarships is to support and encourage the next generation of talent within the Office and Business Supplies Industry, to help them achieve their career goals.
- Contact Us We're here to help.
- BenGolf & Spa Help us raise funds for the BOSS Business Supplies Charity by simply having fun!
- Trustees The Trustees of the BOSS Business Supplies Charity are all volunteers. Find more about our Trustees here.
- Support Us The help we give to people in our industry would not be possible without your support, and there are now more ways than ever to help us raise those vital funds.