Health & Safety Advice
Health and safety made simple - The basics for your office supplies and services business
If you think health and safety has to be complicated - it doesn't. The BOSS Federation will make it easier for you to comply with the law and manage health and safety in your business. For many businesses, all that's required is a basic series of tasks. The BOSS Federation will take you through the steps and help you make sure you have done what you need to do to make sure your business complies with health and safety law.
In general, the laws apply to all businesses, no matter how small. As an employer, or a self-employed person, you are responsible for health and safety in your business. You need to take the right precautions to reduce the risks of workplace dangers and provide a safe working environment.
There are health and safety laws to protect you, your employees and the public from workplace dangers. For some work activities there may be extra things you need to do to make sure you are complying with the law.
Click here to download H&S made simple flier - guide to the contents of this website.
- Decide who will help with your Health & Safety duties
- Write a Health & Safety Policy
- Manage the risks in your business
- Consult your employees
- Provide training and information
- Manage the workplace and facilities
- Make arrangements for first aid, accidents and ill health
- Display the health and safety law poster
- Get insurance for your business
- Gain a BOSS Seal of Excellence